Home > Doubs / Jura
Doubs / Jura
Discover our country
From our location, in the heart of the Jura Mountains at an altitude of 720m, and lying ideally between the Haut-Doubs forest and the Loue valley,you will be able to discover Besancon, Pontarlier, Salins les Bains, Ornans and our wiss neighbours, within a radius of 50km.
There are a number of activities to discover:
- outdoors: discovery trails, canoe-kayak, canyoning, fishing, geocaching, ‘Via Ferrata,’ Parcours adventures, bowling, golf, climbing, hot-air balloon flights
- Cultural:museums, eco-museums, heritage buildings, historical monuments
- Lesiure activities: karting, bowling, laser tag, discos, cinema, tourist train, escape game
Things to see
The campsite is situated in the heart of one of the largest forests in Europe (The Joux Forest)
- The ‘Route Sapins – Pine Route: 50km between Levier and Champagnole, with educational way points relaying information about the life of the forest.
- the sources of many rivers, including those of the Doubs, the Loue, and the Lison.
- A multitude of natural managed sites to visit: Frasne bogs, Moidons and Osselle Caves, Gouffre Poudrey….St Point lake, the lakes of the JuraRemoray Lake nature reserve (30 minutes)
- Magnificent waterfalls and vistas
- The Le Ronde animal park (at Levier) with lots of animals to see amongst the meadows, especially popular with young children: Comtois draft horses, Montbeliardes cows,which live happily with llamas, and other breeds of horses, cows and sheep.
And still more !