Home > The campsite
We are very happy to introduce you to Camping de La Foret in the heart of the Jura mountains.
The central and geographical location of the campsite allows you to discover and visit the attractions of the regions of the Doubs and Jura and our Swiss neighbours. In the middle of a 4 hectare forest the campsite allows you to experience a calm holiday and will re-energise you and yet help you unwind. Our quality accommodation is set in a natural environment.
In order to satisfy your needs we provide quality equipment, numerous services, activities and concerts.
Don’t wait any longer to book your stay with your loved ones, at the campsite in the Franche-Comte, in a place that is natural and genuine.
Your vacation spot
By staying at the camp site in Levier, a rural mountainous town situated 720m above sea level, you are able to discover the wealth of our natural, cultural and touristic heritage and many varied activities that are on offer throughout the year.
Allow yourself to be tempted by our 61 pitches and our holiday lets:
- 3 equipped tents
- 3 lodges
- 2 mobile homes
- 8 chalets
- An outdoor heated swimming pool up to 25 C (unsupervised) open from 0900-2100
- Large games area for all children (swings, slides ….)
- A multi-activity area (football, volleyball, badminton)
- An outdoor games area equipped with table football, table tennis…
- Board games and books
In order to maintain the tranquility of the campsite the games areas and the swimming pool are situated at the entrance to the campsite.
Snack / drinks / ice creams / bread.
From July 1st our reception terrace is open, where you can try our pizzas, fries, tartines gratinees, as well as meals from the Franche-Comte, chilled drinks, locally made ice creams, all of which can be eaten on site or take away.
Every morning from 0800 fresh bread and pastries, coffee and breakfast are available to buy from reception.
We are able to provide meals for groups, from breakfast to dinner as well as picnic baskets.
Need internet Connection? Wifi access is free. You can even surf the internet from your sun lounger!
During your stay, you are able to choose between two codes 2€/day or 10€/week.
Bedding and Towel Rental
- Sheets and towels : your beds will be made on arrival. To avoid unnecessary laundry for you and extra luggage, bedding and towels will be provided. The campsite has chosen to work with Centre d’Aide and the local laundry in Pontarlier and this service is 5E.
- Bedding and towels
- Bedding for a baby : there are many options here
- Refrigerator available in your accommodation (5E per day)
- Barbecue :love grilled food? Make yourself a grilled meal on the barbecue….. rent a barbecue for a day or a week or join us for our weekly Franche-Comte style barbecue.
Advance reservations recommended!
The campsite is equipped with a washing machine and driers 10kg, an indoor and outdoor drying area and an iron and ironing board.
Services in Levier
Levier is a rural town of 2,000 inhabitants with numerous services and commercial outlets.
Village internet site
Our eco-responsible commitment
Since 2010 when we were awarded Green Key status we have cemented this commitment.
Camping de la Foret began in a natural landscape. We have an obligation to preserve the green environment (vegetation, flora and fauna) by harming it as little as possible.
Our environmental policies rely on the following agreed points:
- Investing in sustainable developmental approaches when choosing local production materials (timber chalets)
- Preserving natural green spaces, colourful and lush mountain climates. Walkways are made of gravel.
- Installing low energy light bulbs and reducing all water flow from taps and showers.
- Removing unnecessary lighting at night and installing light sensors
- Recovering rain water to water the flowers. In Levier we don’t water lawns.
- Implementing selective sorting and collective composting for bins and bio-mass
- Grinding of green waste for mulch
- Using non-harmful cleaning products (white vinegar and bicarbonate)
Internet site "La Clef Verte"
We would like to thank you as well for contributing to the success of this policy.
You just need to:
- limit your water consumption
- turn off the lights on the premises when you leave
- take care when using toilet paper and place it in the correct sanitary facilities
- ensure you recycle and sort your waste
- use the environmentally friendly cleaning products that have been placed in the holiday homes
- do not throw used tab ends, papers or other detritus on the ground
- don’t leave your vehicles’ engines running
- respect the wildlife and flowers
Check our prices and book your stay at the Camping de la Foret, thank you for following this link.